Neuropsychology Services provides neuropsychological assessment, treatment and consultation of the cognitive and behavioral effects of neurologic disorders, specializing in the needs of children, adolescents, adults and their families in a supportive and caring environment.
Individuals with a wide range of difficulties, including autism, asperger syndrome, learning disabilities, ADHD, tramatic brain injury, epilepsy, nonepileptic seizures, behavioral and emotional disorders, and family conflict are provided with a thorough neuropsychological assessment and individually tailored treatment recommendations.
Concussions in Football: Signs, Symptoms and Playing
Definition of a Clinical Neuropsychologist
ABPdN: Why is Certification in Pediatric Neuropsychology Needed?
Board certification in pediatric neuropsychology serves to assist consumers by offering supportive evidence of the competence of the pediatric neuropsychologists providing those services. The ABPdN is the only board certification organization with the sole purpose of examining and certifying competence in pediatric neuropsychology through the verification of the provider's education and training, licensure, followed by objective, written and oral examinations.
Importance of Neuropsychological Assessment for the Evaluation of Childhood Learning Disorders
New Patient Information
We offer a special section that offers information about services and payment policies
Your Child's Life
We offer a special section that offers information for Parents.
Just for Kids
We offer a special section that offers information for our visitors under 18.
Office Location Newport Beach
Types of Disorders
- Acquired or Traumatic Brain or Head Injury (i.e., stroke, traumatic brain injury, central nervous system infection, toxic encephalopathy, brain tumor, or hypoxia)
- Brain Tumors and Diseases affecting the Central Nervous Sysytem
- Genetic Disorders
- Developmental Disorders
- Central Nervous System Infections
- Cerebral Palsy and Neuromuscular Disorders
- Headaches and Tics
- Neurological Diseases
- Autism & Developmental Disabilities
- Degenerative disease (i.e., Alzheimer's Disease, Parkinson's Disease, Multiple Sclerosis)
- Medical conditions affecting central nervous system function (i.e., cardiovascular, renal, liver, respiratory disorders, and Lyme disease)
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder, Learning Disorders, and other behavioral, academic, and vocational problems
- Memory, attention, or language problems that impair functioning, but for which the causes are unknown
- Identification and description of cognitive abilities in preparation for neurosurgery, including post-surgical testing
- Assessment of cognitive abilities for psychoeducational planning or determination of giftedness
Dr. Grace A. Mucci, Ph.D., ABPdN
California Licensed Clinical Psychologist #PSY15334
Diplomate, American Board of Pediatric Neuropsychology
National Register of Health Care Providers in Psychology #50218
American Psychological Association
National Academy of Neuropsychology
Faculty and Staff Pediatric Neuropsychologist Coordinator Neuropsychology Program Children's Hospital of Orange County